Trademasters is honored to report that Dave Kyle has just been awarded 2018 Small Business Person of the Year for Northern Virginia and the Small Business Person of the Year for the State of Virginia. This award is given out by the Small Business Administration (SBA), which inaugurated in 1963, and is widely recognized as an indicator of a strong business leader.
The SBA's evaluation criteria for small businesses include:
1. Staying power
2. Significant employee growth
3. Increase in sales, net profit, and net worth for the past three years
4. Innovation, specifically "how the product or service fits a niche not being adequately addressed by the competition"
5. A strong response to adversity
6. Personal contribution to community projects
Trademasters would like to thank the Small Business Administration for their consideration, and for the recommendations and longstanding support from our customers and industry associations, without which we could not have won this award.
Dave Kyle is closely involved with local community projects, including student mentoring at Edison Academy. He also started the Trademasters Mission Program, which sets aside a percentage of business profit to directly benefit community non-profit outreach centers.